Regret smoking? These techniques can help!
Whether you have been a long time smoker or just live in a highly polluted city, here are some tips you can try to cleanse your lungs.
According to Medical News Today, inhaling hot water vapor opens up your airways and can aid you to expunge excess mucus in your throat and lungs.
Many doctors tell those with COPD to use controlled coughing to rid their lungs of excess mucus and toxins.
- Sit in a chair with both feet on the ground and relax your shoulders.
- Fold your arms so they sit on your stomach.
- Begin to inhale slowly through your nose.
- Begin to slowly exhale while gently pushing your arms into your stomach and leaning forward.
- Begin coughing 2-3 times as you exhale slowly while leaning forward.
- rest and repeat as needed.
Regular exercise will decrease your risk of stroke and heart disease and will also force your body to use oxygen more efficiently.
Drink Green Tea
Green tea has several antioxidants that prevent lung inflammation.
A new study has shown that those who drink 1-2 cups of green tea daily had better lung function.
Eat Anti-Inflammatory Foods
These foods help fight inflammation:
- leafy greens
Do you know any good tips or tricks to cleaning up your lungs? Share them in the comments below…