As we get older, we get wiser, smarter, and calmer. Sadly, there are many negatives to aging and one of them that many people overlook is how we tend to lose our social skills.
Here are some quick tips that you can use in your daily life to become a more social and welcoming person:
- Think of some conversation starters that you can use around new people. Something as simple as “What brings you here?” Or “Where is your outfit from?” Usually is good enough to break the ice and make someone open up.
- As questions that require more than just a yes or no answer. Something like “What are your plans for the Weekend?” After the person responds follow up by telling them your plans or talk more about their plans.
- Be an active listener. If you want to develop a friendship with someone or even just get to know them better, make sure they know your focus is on them.
- Give compliments. People love being complimented.
- Don’t forget people’s names.
- Be conscious of your tone.
- Speak Confidently in a group of others. Confidence makes you stand out and more interesting as a person.
- Always keep a positive state of mind. This one is particularly important because keeping a positive mindset will not just help you be social, it will improve many aspects of your life.
* Additional Disclaimer: All content provided by this newsletter is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade, investment, or healthcare recommendations.