Have trouble sleeping?
Like most Americans falling asleep isn’t always easy and a bad night of sleep can mess up our natural sleep cycle for several days after. If you are a person that finds it difficult to fall asleep you should try this easy method.
According to Glamour, the 4-7-8 sleep technique, which was developed by Dr Andrew Weil who is an integrative medicine specialist at the University of Arizona, is a very effective way to fall asleep in just 60 seconds.
“It’s the single best method that I’ve found for dealing with getting back to sleep if you wake up in the middle of the night,” Dr Weil said to MedicalNewsToday. “It’s the regularity of doing this over a period of weeks, months, years that produces the changes that you want.”
This technique only gets more effective as you practice it so some people might not fall asleep in 60 second on the first try but keep practicing.
Also, reach out to your doctor if you suffer from any respiratory illness or anything similar before trying this.
The 4-7-8 sleep technique:
- Get comfortable and relax your body.
- Inhale through your nose for 4 seconds.
- Hold your breath for 7 seconds.
- Exhale via the mouth, making a whoosh sound, for 8 seconds.
- Repeat up to 4 times.
Good luck and sleep tight!
* Additional Disclaimer: All content provided by this newsletter is for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to represent trade, investment, or healthcare recommendations.